With the hyper-visor limitations and controlling which network connection is active, it is not easy to switch between wireless and wired connections and impossible to have both on line at the same time. This procdure is more techincal then setting up the wireless and requires some technical knowledge of how linux works and using the command line. If you are unsure of any steps please seek assistance from a experienced linux user.
- Open the Network configuration manager (Yellow Dog logo > Applications > Applications > System Tools > System Config > Network
- Delete "Sony PS3 Ethernet Dev" under the hardware tab
- Close the Network Configuration manager, confirm with "Yes" and then "Ok"
- Open a Terminal window
- Type "su -"
- Enter the root password when prompted
- Type "rm /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0"
- Type "rm /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0"
- Restart networking by typing "service network restart"
- Type "killall dhclient"
- Rebuild /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 from scratch if in doubt use this default (type "nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0" to edit the file)
- Push and hold "Ctrl" then push "x"
- Push "y" to save changes to the file
- hit Enter to confirm to save to that file name
- Type "cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0"
- Type "service network restart"
Yellow Dog Linux should now be running on the wired network once again
This HOWTO was prepared by Aaron Johnson, Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.