Switching to Graphical Mode after Text based Install
- At the "localhost login" prompt, enter "root". Press [ENTER]
- At the root password (this was set during installation) and press [ENTER]
- Via the command line interface which you have just entered, download the Xautoconfig program:
wget http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/support/solutions/ydl_5.0/Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm [ENTER]
- Install this RPM:
rpm -ivh Xautoconfig-0.23-2.ydl.2.ppc.rpm [ENTER]
- Type Xautoconfig and press [ENTER]. It will create the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf and set it up with the parameters necessary to run a graphical system.
- Edit the file /etc/inittab. Look for the line that reads:
... and change it to:
- Edit the file /etc/kboot.conf and change the line that reads:
... to ...
- Reboot your system:
This HOWTO was written by Tim Renner, Terra Soft