Required Hardware and OS Versions
- YDL v.6.1 or higher - Note that this feature is not available in the second distribution ISO (the one with 'NEW' in the ISO name).
- GameOS 2.52 or higher
The kernel used in YDL v.6.1 has ps3vram enabled by default. This is a way of using excess framebuffer memory as a fast drive. You may want to use this excess memory for swap.
Download and run our script to use vram as swap on the PS3.
- Open a terminal window.
- Switch to user root:
- Enter the root password once prompted.
- Change to the /etc/init.d directory:
- Download the script by typing:
chmod 755 ps3-vram-swap
chkconfig --add ps3-vram-swap
chkconfig ps3-vram-swap on
service ps3-vram-swap start
- Click the X in the top right-hand corner of the terminal to close the window.
- From the command line, type:
- You should see output similar to the following:
Filename Type Size Used Priority /dev/ps3da3 partition 522104 12196 -1 /dev/mtdblock0 partition 241656 0 1