TOPIC: Bootscreen Options
At the bootscreen of any method of installation, various options are available to you for changing the behaviour of the installation.
Depending on your installation type, some of these may not be present.
- If you prefer to use a text-based installer, type:
- If you experience issues with graphical installer, type:
"linux resolution=WIDTHxHEIGHT"[ENTER].replacing WIDTH and HEIGHT with your monitor's resolution
- If you wish to control the install remotely or from another machine, type:
- To disable hardware probing type:
- To test the install media you are using type:
- To prompt for the use of other install methods such as network install when booting
from a CD type:
- To use an installer update disk type:
- To test your system memory type:
This HOWTO was prepared by Owen Stampflee and Matt Watson, Fixstars Solutions, Inc.